- The Resort
- Around St. John
- Photos & Videos
- Services & Activities
- Meetings & Events
- Weddings & Romance
- Social Responsibility
CANEEL BAY ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS INITIATIVES INCLUDE:
• Use local recycling opportunities
• Printed collateral uses 100% post consumer recycled paper manufactured with wind power and with soy dyes used for the ink.
• Water supply for irrigation comes from rainfall we collect, merged with “gray water”.
• Environmentally-friendly electric buses to transport guests around the property
• Energy efficient light bulbs in exterior lighting
• Locally produced honey
• Locally caught fish and lobster
• Organic greens grown on St.John
• Bottled water produced in Puerto Rico, utilizing a bottle design more environmentally friendly and the label on the bottled water offers environmental advice
• Use 100% bio-degradable beverage cups for all beach service.
• 100% bio-degradable plastic to-go bags, and compostable to-go containers for food and ramekins for sauces
• Glass crusher that grinds glass bottles down to a fine sand which is then disposed of more easily
• Maintaining the security of the flora and fauna at Caneel Bay
• Conduct a yearly massive clean-up of the sea bed around Caneel Bay and collect bottles, fishing line, plastic bags etc that find their way into our ocean
• Restrictions enforced by VI National Park as to boats anchoring, etc.